1. Driving around Gainesville terrifies me. Students on scooters everywhere that act like they don’t care to live.
WHY? Students are coming to college for the first time and have never driven scooters before.
2. The pollen in Gainesville drives my sinuses crazy.
WHY? I am from South Florida by the ocean, so the pollen does not settle like it does in Gainesville.
3. I hate that I have to refill my tires more often in the spring time up in Gainesville because of the weather.
WHY? The cold air shrinks the tires and allows air to escape
4. Gainesville’s traffic is really bad, and it drives my blood pressure through the roof.
WHY? Gainesville’s infrastructure did not plan on the overflow of students.
5. It bugs me when I buy an XL t shirt and it shrinks down to a large size.
WHY? Because I am too lazy to air dry
6. It bugs me that I have to vacuum my house every other day because of my dog’s hair.
WHY? They are a heavy shedding breed, but I love them with all my heart
7. It bugs me that my Electricity bill is so high every month.
WHY? My A/C unit is from the 70’s so I believe it works harder
8. It bugs me that I have to pay for trash bags to throw trash into that end up getting thrown into the trash
WHY? There is no other way to keep trash in a compact form but still bugs me
9. It bugs me that there is no right turn on red on university and 13th.
WHY? This is in place for the safety of students, but they still use it on Saturdays and Sundays
10. It bugs me that there are only 2 cashiers working at big stores and 18 unopen lanes
WHY? There might be too much overhead to pay more workers
11. It bugs me that I have to use hairspray to tame the frizz
WHY? I have short trimmed hair but curly when long
12. It bugs me that Netflix charges $15 a month and all you get is one streaming app when Hulu gives you 3
WHY? I am brand loyal to Netflix and this might be something they capitalize on
13. It bugs me that people try to finance boats at my job knowing they have terrible credit
WHY? People think banks want them to take on more loans to get a better standing
14. It bugs me when I am the only one up early in the morning on the weekends
WHY? I work 9-5 through the week so I have an internal clock to wake up early
15. It bugs me that I have to go to an orthodontist again after having braces when I was younger
WHY? I neglected using my retainer and my bite shifted
16. It bugs me when I have to constantly fill my car up with gas
WHY? After having aftermarket work done, my cars MPG dropped way down
17. It bugs me that we still have daylight savings and it messes up sleep schedule
WHY? This is an outdated farming technique that should be dealt with
18. It bugs me that even on overcast days, I get a sunburn
WHY? This is due to reflection of UV rays in water molecules, I should wear more sunscreen
19. It bugs me that a weather reporter can report rain all day, and not one raindrop falls
WHY? Weather can shift dramatically in an instant
20. It bugs me that I pay Cox a good amount of money for internet and sometimes its so terrible
WHY? Their service just isn’t a top of the line communication
REFLECTION:
This was extremely fluid at first and then I hit a wall. Thinking of things that bug me is tough, but also thinking of why is even more challenging. This was a good insight for me to understand what I let bother me.
ReplyDeleteI do not think that any of your bugs apply to me. I just think that we have different schedules and have different situations. A lot of these bugs don’t bother me and some of them are very specific to you because they apply to your situation. Like how you are bugged by people trying to finance boats at your job couldn’t apply to me unless we worked together.
Hi Blake,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading through your list. I was in the same boat as you when I first started. It was coming pretty naturally and then I hit a wall as well. It is definitely hard to think about these things, but its these ideas that make an entrepreneur succeed. I think you are right when you say it gave you good insight on what bothers you because it did the same for me.
Hey Blake, great bug list a lot of what you listed relates directly to what bugs me. What you mentioned about the electricity and the GRU internet service bugs me the same way. GRU's internet service is so terrible and overpriced and it really sucks because where i live its the only service available. I live in a older house as well so the electricity bills are always through the roof.
ReplyDelete