Friday, January 25, 2019

Identifying Opportunities in Economic & Regulatory Trends

The Complexity of Taxes in 2019

This year, the IRS has revamped their way of filing taxes and how it will affect different tax brackets. I learned about this when I began to think about filing my taxes. I was able to read up on this in multiple publications. The IRS decided to rid of multiple different tax forms and simplify into one. They have also ramped up deduction costs in many different areas of the tax returns. This opportunity rises for many joint households, adults with children, and the elderly. If they file correctly and swiftly they will be able to maximize their chances of receiving the max amount from their returns. Some people can exploit this easily, some may come by it more difficult. I saw this opportunity arise because of my parents, I would love for them to be able to get back as much as they possibly can. As well as my grandparents.

Federal Raising of Property Interest Rates

The interest rates have been climbing on property rates which means a more secure housing market. My friend and I were talking, who is a real estate agent, about how this is happening. This is a telltale sign for investors to eat up as much property as they can. This allows them to have easier resale because of better approval rates on mortgages or loans. Any future homeowner or investor will benefit from this exploit of this property takeover. This can be possibly difficult for consumers with lower tier credit and rough credit history. This happened to appeal to me because I have a few friends who are looking to become homeowners in the near future.

Cities Pushing for Plastic Bans

I was recently reading about how Gainesville is planning to completely rid the city of plastic by 2040. This was in the Gainesville Sun not too long ago. This will benefit not only the residents of Gainesville but the planet. We can all help to exploit this trend by doing our own parts and using re-usable bags and refusing plastic straws. This is something that can be easily done and would just take repetition to make it a habit. This appealed to me because I love to be a part of making this world a more habitable and cleaner place.

Pollution Problems

There is a growing problem with pollution because of environmental regulation cutbacks. This was in a recent article in the NY Times that my buddy studying at New York Law School told me about. We have always had a recurring problem with pollution, but this has been on the rise since recently regulatory changes. Anyone in big city areas and heavily industrialized areas have been affected the most. This would be a very difficult opportunity to exploit because of the mass scale of this problem. This drew me in because of how damaging this is on the earth and we all need to take small steps to help this problem.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you continued with the plastic ban theme into this assignment from the 5A assignment. Also, Everyone one of you opportunities had a good amount of information and I understood each opportunity pretty fully. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading all of your economic and regulatory trends. I also like how the regulatory trends were related to one another in the fact that both are efforts to help save our environment. These topics related to the locals and people in bigger cities. Great post!

    ReplyDelete