Friday, March 29, 2019

21A Reading Reflections Post 2


1. 1) What was the general theme or argument of the book?
    I chose to read "How to Fail at Everything and Still Win Big" by Scott Adams. The overall theme for the book was to always put yourself in front of everything. He wants to stress the idea that you need to take time for yourself and everything in your life that can affect your well-being.

    2.  How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?

    This book relates to ENT3003 because it is all about self-improvement. It all about giving yourself the best chances in life.

    3) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?

     If I had to design an exercise for this class, I would make it about self-reflection. To look at yourself and make sure you are doing the best you can with everything in your life.

    4) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?

    "Passion about something does not mean success" This was an aha for me because it showed me that passion does not always go hand in hand with success like I was always taught.

    2 comments:

    1. The book you chose seems very interesting. Self-improvement is a very important part of the class and has been the theme of several assignments. Another self-reflection exercise could help reinforce the idea of self reflection as well.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I read the same book and agree with the points you made about it. The book is very much bettering yourself and by this post I can tell you read the book and analyzed it very well. Great Work.

      ReplyDelete